New York Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan will return to the Archdiocese of Milwaukee for a Mass of Thanksgiving in honor of his elevation to the College of Cardinals on Saturday, April 28, 2012, at 4:30 p.m. at the Basilica of Holy Hill, 1525 Carmel Road, Hubertus. The rosary will be prayed prior to Mass, beginning at 4 p.m
The Mass is open to the public, but because of extremely limited seating, those interested in attending the Mass should be aware of the following details:
• Seating will be available in the upper church and the lower church (with video monitors in the lower church).
• Ticket wristbands will be required for all seating areas.
• Wristbands will be distributed that day, beginning at 1:30 p.m.
• Wristbands will be required for all individuals, including children and infants.
• One wristband will be distributed, per person, on a first-come, first-served basis. You must be present in line to receive a wristband.
• No group distribution will be available. Each person must receive their wristband in person.
• No strollers will be allowed in the church. Stroller parking will be available.
• A limited number of wristbands for handicap & wheelchair seating will be distributed beginning at 1 p.m.
• Limited handicap parking will be available using your handicap parking tag.
• Seating will begin at 1:30 p.m., after wristband distribution.
• The grounds at Holy Hill will open at 5 a.m.
• The regularly scheduled 6 a.m. and 11 a.m. Masses will be held in the upper church.
• At 12:15 p.m., both the upper and lower churches will be cleared and closed.
• An overflow viewing area will be set up in the upper parking lot with a large TV monitor. This area will be partially covered, with limited seating and standing room areas.
• Shuttle buses will transport individuals from the lower parking areas to the upper platform parking area.
Please visit our website, www.archmil.org, for more information and updates as we get closer to the Mass.